Sunday, March 26, 2006

Busy is Good

A while back I started praying for more work because my baby is due on June 6th, and I wanted to keep busy until then. Well, God totally answered my prayers in abundance! Our casting company is now insanely casting 10 films! I can honestly say that I've never worked on that many films at one time. There are the 4 Horror Chronicles, the 3 parts of the mini-series Comanche Moon, the Paul Thomas Anderson feature There Will Be Blood, and Walking Tall 2 and 3.

It's actually a lot of fun because it's going pretty well so far. I'm just hoping that I don't send audition tapes to the wrong production company! We just got back from being in Austin yesterday. Next weekend we're doing a large open call in Odessa then in Marfa for the little boy role in There Will Be Blood. I've never been to Marfa, but I've heard it's pretty cool. The director is hoping that he finds his H.W. in West Texas. He wants a kid who really is a hard-working Texas boy. This film is loosely based on an Upton Sinclair novel called Oil!. Altough, I read an interview with Daniel Day-Lewis, and the way he said it was that the film was "inspired" by the book, not an adaptation. I think that's pretty accurate.

I'm really excited about Comanche Moon, too; it's the prequel to Lonesome Dove, both of which were written by Larry McMurtry. I had not seen Lonesome Dove until recently, and I really enjoyed it. Toni Brock's husband, Brett, was telling me that he was talking to Robert Duvall once, and he said something to the effect of that being one of his proudest works. I can see why. He developed his character, Gus, brilliantly. He stayed in a ranch with this old ranch man for 3 months before shooting the film and somewhat patterned his character after that man.

I just got the scripts for Walking Tall 2 and 3 yesterday and haven't read them yet. I guess I should probably see the first part before I read them.

Well, that's it for now. I'll let you know how Marfa goes next weekend!

5 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger becki said...

You (capital 'y') guys are going to have so much fun!! Woop woooop!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Rian said...

I'm so jealous. First of all I love Daniel Day-Lewis, Last of the Mohicans is one of my favorite movies. And I also love Lonesome Dove. It is such a great movie.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Yeah, I won't even get to meet him. :( I'll be being a mother. I hope that my baby can be the baby Newt in Comanche Moon, but they're probably shooting that before he's born.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wondering have they cast the role of H.W.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Annie said...

They have not officially cast the role of H.W. as far as I know, but they have seen a boy that they really like from out in the Marfa area. I think it's still up in the air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home